Guest post by Cherie of Couchbasedbiz. Check out the site for further tips, tricks and guides to running a business from home and staying organised
When you’re trying to sell your home, you want two things to happen: You want to sell quickly, and you want to get your asking price (at minimum). With a little upfront investment of time, energy, and money, you can put yourself in a good position to achieve that. It all comes down to how you present your home to potential buyers.
Make Any Necessary Repairs
First, you’ll need to address any issues that will deter buyers from making an offer. Here are a few essential repairs to make:
- Have any major plumbing problems taken care of immediately.
- Fix any roof leaks, and consider replacing the roof if it’s in poor condition.
- Make sure the electrical wiring is safe and functioning.
Focus on the Interior
The majority of home staging involves making changes to a home’s interior. Here are some must-dos for interior staging:
- Declutter and deep clean your home; we’re talking about every space, nook, and cranny!
- Bring in new furniture on the cheap or, for a deep clean, enlist the help of furniture cleaning companies to make a statement.
- Remove any personal belongings or decor, and try to create a more neutral aesthetic.
Don’t Forget the Outside
Finally, give your home’s exterior some well-deserved attention with these ideas!
- Pressure wash your home’s siding and wash all the windows.
- Keep your lawn in pristine shape while it’s on the market.
- Enhance your landscaping with a few native flowers and fresh greenery.
Home staging plays a critical role in selling a home. By implementing some of the ideas above, you can position yourself to sell quickly at a price you’re happy with. But don’t stop here. Keep exploring other ideas for how you can better present your property to buyers!